Media Graph Warranty
Effective date: January 11, 2019
MEDIA-GRAPH / TLS LIMITED WARRANTY
Media Graph / TLS guarantees that every effort is made in the manufacturing, production, and packaging of its products to provide our customers with the highest quality products that meet or exceed the performance level of the use for which it is intended. Media Graph / TLS guarantees its lighting components, power supplies, LED strips, controllers, and all electrical parts against manufacturing defects for a period of five years from the date the product was first received and installed. If the lighting components, power supplies, LED strips, controllers, or any electrical parts have a manufacturing defect, Media Graph / TLS will replace these parts free of charge. To submit a claim under this warranty, please contact Media Graph / TLS. You will be required to submit documentation, return the product for analysis, as well as provide records showing that the system and components were serviced in compliance with customary operating conditions. Media Graph / TLS reserves the right to examine all failed parts. Shipping & handling and all other subsidiary costs (i.e. dismantling, electrician, etc.) are not included. If Media Graph / TLS finds that a returned product does meet the guarantee stated above, Media Graph / TLS will promptly replace the defective product free of charge. Shipping & handling and all other subsidiary costs (i.e. installation, electrician, etc.) are not included.
Exclusions and Limitations:
- a) This warranty shall not apply if the installation and/or system was not used in accordance with Media Graph/ TLS recommendations and customary operating conditions and instructions.
- b) Media Graph / TLS is not responsible for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages or losses other than all manufacturing defects.
- c) Media Graph / TLS warranty fulfillment obligations above do not apply, and this warranty is void if the product is tampered with or damaged in a manner that may inhibit Media Graph/TLS Architectural Lighting to conduct a warranty investigation.
- d) Any Force Majeure events. “Force Majeure” means any circumstances or occurrences beyond the reasonable control of Media Graph / TLS, whether foreseeable at the time of concluding the agreement for the sale of the Products, as a result of which Media Graph / TLS cannot reasonably perform or execute its obligations, including, without limitation, acts of God, natural catastrophes including earthquake, lightning, hurricane, typhoon, flooding or volcanic activities or extreme weather conditions, strikes, lock-outs, war, terrorism, political situation, civil unrest, riots, sabotage, vandalism, industry-wide shortages, breakdown of plant or machinery, fault or loss of electricity supply, cyber-attacks and hacking or non-performance by suppliers of Media Graph / TLS or by other third parties on which services rely (including connectivity and communication services).
- e) Electrical supply conditions, including supply spikes, over-voltage/under-voltage and ripple current control systems that are beyond the specified limits of the Products and those set or defined by relevant supply standards for the Product.
- f) It shall be at the sole discretion of Media Graph/TLS Architectural Lighting as to whether to repair or replace a product, and Media Graph/TLS Architectural Lighting reserves the right to inspect any product claimed as defective to determine if said defect falls under warranty. Media Graph/TLS Architectural Lighting assumes no responsibility for any labor costs involved with replacement and re-installation of products assume to be defective.